|Monday, November 20th, 2006|
2:02 am - can i just say one thing?
JAKE SHEARS BLEW ME A FUCKING KISS|
that is all
current mood: hell yeah...
(comment on this)
|Thursday, July 20th, 2006|
1:47 am - because i'm actually this bored
|Tuesday, July 4th, 2006|
5:21 pm - I made my baby cry...
Songwriting is so hard...|
Such a complete brain drain. Great for the whole emotional purging thing...but trying to make it perfect is just vexing.
It's going well though. Just got the middle 8 to finish. And then of course...the rest of the music. I got a fright with the chorus as well today thinking the keys didn't match up but it was all good.
Once its all done...I really have no idea what I'm going to do with it. Same with Watch Me Dissolve. Dad said he'd record them at Carlton so that'd be fun. Now to get a gospel choir for this one...
Oh in other news, Dave said eh doesn't think the skate park shoot will be happening. Which is pretty shitty to be honest, but oh well. Oh and the Mark Scott Leadership for Life Award stuff came through and i'm in! That was a nice wee surprise for the morning.
I really have to meet up with people and stat...the stir craziness is building up...and up...and up...
soon it will be boom there goes my sanity.
current mood: what shall i do for dinner?
(comment on this)
|Monday, July 3rd, 2006|
6:02 pm - the hissing of summer lawns
started with a bang, it has.|
remnants of the dreaded summer '04 - hair is coloured, bakingly hot, and really not much to do.
i'll never understand why people say it's their favourite season, definitely my least.
i really haven't done much to be honest. there's been a fair few bbqs and my tastebuds have been basking in the beefburgers - it's the only chance they'll get!
pete the camera is just sitting there waiting to be unleashed unto the world. and hopefully he soon will be according to Dave. he's got me a shot with one of his mates, Angus, who is doing some promo work for a skate park and he says i could shoot some stills. so that'd be a fecking awesome way to break into the cycle - cuz you know, there's really only so many pictures i can take of myself before it starts getting really repetitive.
what else does summer '06 bring? well, on the 13th i have this meeting with childline so that should be good. i actually have no idea about anything to do with that to be honest, it's all kept very under wraps. but i hope so much that i get into it, it would be so utterly fulfilling.
also i've hit a brick wall with my idea of going camping...in that i have no idea where to go. damn boundaries. any hints/tips/ideas would be mucho apprecia..do?
oh new serena ryder album came today...sing sing has been cut for some odd reason...*sob*
current mood: things to do...things to do...
(comment on this)
|Wednesday, June 28th, 2006|
11:13 pm - identity
identity n. (pl. -ies) 1 a condition of being a specified person or thing. b individuality, personality (felt he had lost his identity). 2 identification or the result of it (mistaken identity; identity card). 3 absolute sameness (identity of interests). 4 Algebra a equality of two expressions for all values of the quantities. b equation expressing this. [Latin identitas from idem same]
(comment on this)
|Monday, January 30th, 2006|
YOU LIVE WHERE? cardonald!!!
What do you prefer...
1.punk or metal: punk
2.black or pink: black
3.bmx or skating: bmx
Last person who...
1. Slept in your bed: myself
2. Saw you cry: um...my mommy...lol damn u jen
3. Made you cry: jen the botch
4. You went to the movies with: um..........i cant remember...i wanna say rhona, jack, jen, adam, emma, amy, gregor...
5. You went to the mall with: um...my mommy
6. One thing you wish you could take back: um...calling my p4 teacher pregnant when she wasn't
HAVE YOU EVER:
1. Said "I Love You" and meant it: yup
2. Got in a fight with your pet: nope...
3. Been to California: No
4. Been to Mexico: No
5. Been to China: No
6. Been to Canada: No.
7. Been to Europe: yeah.....
8. Danced naked: um...
9. Wish you were the opposite sex: used to...dont anymore...
1. Do you have a crush on someone: yup
2. What book are you reading now: abigail's party...its a play
3. Worst feeling in the world: guilt
4. Future kids names: hm...im trying to find a good boy's one, Erin for a girl
5. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal: nein
6. What's under your bed: toys
7. Favorite sport to watch: curling!!!
8. Location: Glasgow.
9. Piercings/Tattoos: none/none want both tho
11. What are you most scared of: rotten fruit
12. Where do you want to get married: in a forest
13. Who do you really hate: really? george galloway i hate him
14. Do you have a job: no...:(...i get paid to go to skl so thats fine
15. Do you like being around people: yup
16. Have you ever liked someone you had no chance with: my first...5 crushes?
17. Have you ever cried: um...jst a bit
18. Are you lonely right now: nah
19. Song that's stuck in your head a lot: lovemachine G.A.
1. Been in love: nope
2. Played strip poker: nope
3. Gotten beaten up: yup
4. Pulled an all nighter: yup
5. Been on radio/tv: yup (hospital radio count?)
6. Been in a mosh-pit: oh no!
7. Do you have any gay/lesbian friends: carly, kez, mark, adam, dan
8. Skinny dipped: want to a bit
In the last week have you...
1. Cried: yeah
2. Bought something: probably...lunch?
3. Gotten sick: nope...altho i think im dying
4. Sang: just a smidge
5. Been kissed: sort of
6. Felt stupid: yup
7. Talked to an ex: nop
8. Missed someone: mhm
9. Hugged someone: too much
(2 comments | comment on this)
|Monday, January 23rd, 2006|
// YOUR ROOM, WAKING UP //
01. What color are your walls? custard yellow
02. What color is your bedspread/sheets? sort of a tartany..thing
03. What color is your rug? carpet? is blue
04. Any posters/bulletin boards/designs in your room? i have a shrek poster...and a simpsons poster...adn then my wall has like musical theatre crap and postcards and pictures and stuff...
06. Do you have a phone? not in my room
07. Do you have your own computer? neine :(
08. Do you have a desk? i do, u can't see it though
09. What are your most treasured belongings in your room? hm...my lost dvds lol
10. What are your most favorite things in your room? my bed
11. Do you have any fancy lights in your room? nah...altho i do have my posing lamp...which rules all
// GETTING READY //
01. What is the first thing you do when you wake up? turn off my alarm
02. Anything unusual? not especially...sometimes i go back to sleep
03. Do you pick out your clothes the night before school? wel...i look out my shirt
04. Do you try your best to look cute for school? cute? no...
// SCHOOL //
01. What color is your backpack? blue
02. Do you try your best when it comes to school work? no not really...except maths
03. Do you listen or doodle? bit of both...
04. BE QUIET - we all know you doodle, but what do you doodle? i doodle...leaves, and designs, and like weird things to do with lost that none of you will ever undertsand cuz it comes from my head. you should see my macbeth book. and in my julius caesar book, i once deisgned a wat drainage system for a futuristic village. beat that mofo
05. Do you eat your cafeteria food, or go out? lunch room, we cant leave...nazis
06. What do you do right when schools over? wander trying to find somethign else to do than go home
// HOME //
When you come home are you. . .
01. Miserable? tired
02. Happy? tired
03. Tired? yeah
04. LEAVE ME ALONE? what?
// OTHER //
01. Do you take walks around your neighborhood sometimes? yeah, up to see the "nice houses"
02. What are some hobbies of yours? um...i like...draw...and photography...
03. Do you collect anything? um...i want to start collecting those like wee red band thingys the postmen leave when they do the mail
04. What do you do in your spare time? msn...msn...um...myspace...msn...
05. Are you in love, or at least falling? neine
// NIGHT TIME //
01. What do you do before you go to bed? i have a drink...and often pig out...
02. Do you kiss your parents/guardians goodnight, or just say "goodnight"? jst say g'night, unless i'm feeling cute
03. What way do you sleep (ex: on your side, tummy, etc.)? um...side
04. Do you like your life? yeah i think i do...how weird...
current mood: 1 down...
(2 comments | comment on this)
|Saturday, January 21st, 2006|
5:55 pm - i think it was jennika who said...
(7 comments | comment on this)
|Thursday, January 5th, 2006|
11:02 pm - secrets...
|Monday, January 2nd, 2006|
3:10 pm - first quiz of the new year
1.Who was the first person u talked to in 06? emzoiid|
2. The first person you hugged? emzoiid
3. The first person you called? my mommy
4. The first person you texted? jen
5. The first drink you drank? coca cola...u can't beat the real thing
6. The first person that called you? marko
7. The first person that texted you? um...dad...or marko...
8. Have you talked to all of you top 8 yet? neine
9. Any of your top 8? um...do i have a top 8?
10. Who was the 1st person to hang up on you? no one has hang up on me yet...
11. What was the first thing you watched on TV? hogmanay live
12. Who was the first person you thought of? mum
13. What was the first thing you ate? a grape lol
14. What were you wearing at midnight? red tee, black trousers, lonsdale shoes
15. have you spoke to the person who wrote this yet? nop
16. Who scared you first in 2006? alan of alan and maureen
(2 comments | comment on this)
Unlucky for some, the thirteenth is. What a way to start the new year.
Well, it is the new year now, big 2K6 and I think we should take a moment to relive the past year and all its many events.
January -Reliving 2004's many events
February - Having to properly study for the first time
March - Finding it hard to breathe amid Les Miz and more studying
April - Turning 16 and being a bit miffed that nothing happened and the start of the photos
May - Realised the equation; Exams + Les Miz = Death
June - Les Miz...was phenomenal.
July - Getting scared that this summer would turn out to be as bad as the last
August - Feeling the relief that it didn't
September - 5th year shows itself to be pure evil
October - Curling season started
Novemeber - Won our first (and most likely last) curling match!
December - The highly anticipated senior dance...was kinda pants. Oh and it's Jesus Christ Superstar that you'll be hearing about this year.
And that was the year which was. Awesome stuff. So this year we look forward to stress, romance, merriment, and non-judging thanks to the new years resolution.
Lets see, shall we?
Happy New Year! Jimi xxx
(9 comments | comment on this)
|Saturday, December 31st, 2005|
You can only say yes or no - no explaining! gogogo:|
1. Taken a picture naked? no
2. Painted your room? yes
3. Made out with a member of the same sex? no
4. Drove a car? yes
5. Danced in front of your mirror? yes
6. Have a crush? yes
7. Been dumped? no
8. Stole money from friend? no
9. Gotten in a car with people you just met? yes
10. Been in a fist fight? yes
11. Snuck out of your house? yes
12. Had feelings for someone who didn't have them back? yes
13. Been arrested? no
14. Made out with a stranger? no
15. Met up with a member of the opposite sex somewhere? yes
16. Left your house with out telling your parents? yes
17. Had a crush on your neighbour? yes
18. Ditched school to do something more fun? no
19. Slept in a bed with a member of the same sex? no
20. Seen someone die? no
21. Been on a plane? yes
22. Kissed a picture? yes
23. Slept in until 3pm? yes, today in fact
24. Love someone or miss someone right now? yes
25. Laid on your back and watched cloud shapes go by? yes
26. Made a snow angel? yes
27. Played dress up? yes
28. Cheated while playing a game? yes
29. Been lonely? yes
30. Fallen asleep at work/school? yes
31. Been to a club? yes
32. Felt an earthquake? no
33. Touched a snake? yes
34. Ran a red light? no
35. Been suspended from school? no
36. Had detention? no
37. Been in a car accident? yes
38. Hated the way you look? yes
39. Witnessed a crime? yes
40. Pole danced? yes
41. Been lost? yes
42. Been to the opposite side of the country? yes
43. Felt like dying? yes
44. Cried yourself to sleep? yes
46. Sang karaoke? yes
47. Done something you told yourself you wouldn't? yes
48. Laughed till some kind of beverage came out ur nose? yes
49. Caught a snowflake on your tongue? yes
50. Kissed in the rain? no
51. Sing in the shower? yes
52. Made love in a park? no
53. Had a dream that you married someone? yes
54. Glued your hand to something? no
55. got your tongue stuck to a flag pole? no
56. Ever gone to school partially naked? no
57. Been a cheerleader? no
58. Sat on a roof top? yes
59. Didn't take a shower for a week? yes
60. Ever too scared to watch scary movies alone? no
61. Played chicken? yes
62. Been pushed into a pool with all your clothes on? no
63. Been told you're hot by a complete stranger? yes
64. Broken a bone? yes
65. Been easily amused? yes
66. Laugh so hard you cry? yes
67. Mooned/flashed someone? no
68. Cheated on a test? yes
69. Forgotten someone's name? yes
70. Slept naked? yes
71. Gone skinny dipping in a pool? no
73. Blacked out from drinking? no
74. Played a prank on someone? yes
75. Gone to a late night movie? yes
76. Made love to anything not human? no
77. Failed a class? no
78. Choked on something you're not supposed to eat? no
79. Played an instrument for more than 10 hours? no
80. Cheated on a girl/boyfriend? no
81. Did you celebrate the 4th of July? no
82. Thrown strange objects? yes
83. Felt like killing someone? yes
84. Thought about running away? yes
85. Ran away? yes
86. Did drugs? no
87. Had detention and not attend it? no
89. Made a parent cry? yes
90. Cried over someone? yes
91. Owned more than 5 sharpies? no
92. Dated someone more than once? no
93. Have a dog? no
95. Own an instrument? yes
96. Been in a band? yes
97. Drank 25 sodas in a day? no
98. Broken a cd? yeah
99. Shot a gun? no
100. Ever had your heart broken? no
current mood: weee
(2 comments | comment on this)
|Tuesday, December 27th, 2005|
<td align="middle">Pretty Good
You scored 90% RENThead! </td></tr>
<td>I must say, well done, you know your stuff! Perhaps it was the little insignificant details that caught you off gaurd! Better luck next time w/those! So you technically are considered a RENT head, u know enough! (support the musical, and go see RENT the movie, opening everywhere November 23) And remember: "No day but today . . ." </td></tr>
<td align="middle"> </td></tr></tbody></table>
|My test tracked 1 variable How you compared to other people your age and gender:|
||You scored higher than 99% on renthead|
(1 comment | comment on this)
|Thursday, December 15th, 2005|
1. did you have a new year's resolution this year?
2.Who kissed you at midnight?
3. Does it snow where you live?
it has done
4.Do you like hot chocolate?
it's really good in hub
5. Have you ever been to times square to watch the ball drop?
nah...i live in UK man...
1. Who was your Valentine in 2005?
2. What did your valentine get you?
well rhona made the card, jen wrote on it
3. When you were little, did you buy Valentine's for your whole class?
ha no, i gave one to one person though..and she found out :$
1. Are you Irish?
nein, altho my dad's family cme from there
2. Do you wear green on St. Paddy's Day?
3.What did you do for St. Paddy's Day in 2005?
tell me when it is, and i'll let you know.
1. Do you like the rain?
2. Did you play an April Fool's joke on anyone this year?
i did...my dad...totally fell for it
3. Do you get tons of candy on easter?
1. What's your favorite kind of flower?
i like those red ones...with like purple hanging bits
2. Do you like the spring?
not really no...
3. Finish the phrase: April showers bring May flowers, what do May flowers bring?
4. What would you think of as a spring color?
1. What year did you graduate from school?
i've yet to
2. Did you go on a Vacation?
1. What did you do on the 4th of July?
probably went into town if it was a nice day
2. Do you go on any vacations during this month?
1. Did you do anything special to end your summer?
um...well celebrated exam results...that was nice
2. what was your favorite summer memory of '05?
3. Did you go swimming a lot this summer?
4. Did you go to the beach a lot?
1. Did you attend school/college in '05?
2. who is/was your favorite teacher?
hm...i like ms leonard...but mrs smith will always be the best...
3. do you like fall/autumn better than summer?
1. what was your favorite halloween costume ever?
everever? um...my devil costume...i made it myself.
2. what is your favorite candy?
tough one...probably...those worms u get from asda...
3. what did you dress up like this year?
1. Whose house do you usually go to for Thanksgiving?
we don't do thanksgiving on this side of the atlantic. wow that was such an andrew answer, it involved geography.
2. Do you like stuffing?
3. what are you thankful for?
1. Do you celebrate Christmas?
2. have you ever been kissed under mistletoe?
3. what do you want this year for Christmas?
lost dvd...lost book...mp3...lord of the rings ring...lotr soundtrack...woo i'm such a geek...
4. what's the best present you ever got for Christmas?
first computer :)
5. do you like cold weather?
not expecially cold...just as logn as its not warm/hot
current mood: xmas is coming...
(1 comment | comment on this)
|Friday, December 2nd, 2005|
9:11 pm - wow...
i *actually* forgot i had one of these...|
i guess MySpace takes up all my time now. (it is better, you should all get one). and from the disticnt lack of updates (bar lisa) i think everyone else has forgotten too. ah well. we're all busy, i guess, now we're old.
so! life, what's been happening? well not much really. curling's shining through...with it's shittiness. yet to win a match! woo! lost 3/3. although, did get a 6 stone in end in our first match. so we won't mention the 8 point losses....
it appears my format for LJ has disappeared...and i can't find the changey thing...so that's also annoying.
music is the new drama it appears. i seem to be excelling in that despite dropping the subject at second year...and never having any professional training...but hey, who am i to complain. imagine having 3 bands on ur blazer...HGSCuC, HGSDC, HGSMusC. That'd be nice...never gonna happen though. yet we live in hope! but anyway, had the wind and brass evening, remembrance service, got rhineland in february, carol service in a couple weeks, then singing with the jazz band sometime next term...on top of that the music competiton i think in february also. and then it will be the school show. so...busy is the word!
academia is easing. i was talking to miss bulloch today, and it made me realise that, inital stresses have all disappeared. i'm *so* much more confident with chemsitry. english is just a matter of reading. biology is fine still. maths, despite getting (in my opinion) an unfair report, is fine. mods is such a pointless subject. drama is probably the hardest out of the lot of them. but even still, i'm coping. you'll be glad to hear, i'm sure.
anyway, i sit here on a friday night with nothing to do cuz my dad has the car.
it's really quite shit.
still at least i got rebecca :)
current mood: evil people with social lives
(4 comments | comment on this)
|Wednesday, November 16th, 2005|
it appears im bored.|
schools gotten kinda crap all of a sudden. drama does smell since its turned into english, english never really is good, apparently my maths teacher doesn't like me - even though its one of my best subjects, chemistry is getting better with em actually undertsandign organic chemistry, moderns studies makes me sleep, biologys always good. it's not often i feel negative about school. normally, i get by fine in all subjects and get on well with the teacher, that's only really the case with 3 this year. it's quite disappointing. not that i ever thought i'd enjoy 5th year, just thought it wouldn't be this bad.
anyway, extra-curricularly i'm doing well. my well-roundedness has lost its drama, but surely i've got enough in a backlog to be getting on with. music's still fun. i own more young people again in my men's section for rhineland. it's shaping up to be good, funny (to laugh AT), but good all the same. choir is still good fun, we now sing like the gayest song on earth called the birds...since when do doves sing "Tsucrou"? but the other carols are nice. looking forward to wind and brass evening thing, which i hope you will all attend. curling is fun, we are such a good team, we just fall into bad luck pits...for the past three matches. wednesday it was a loss of 7-2, sunday a loss of 12-9, but that was effectively a win with a 6 stone end (we're legendary!), and today another loss of 6-1. but we still play amazingly, and each have our own strengths...so may the luck find its way to hutchie.
outside school, let it stand that on saturday i brought my unenjoyment upon myself by taking it upon myself to care, clean etc. although i think elaine apprecaited it, and that's all that matters to me. it was a good night, and i can see where people would enjoy themselves...but there was far too much acohol; much disappointment and shame occured. hehe.
christmas draws closer, children, have we all done our shopping? saw a christmas tree today in a window. it's quite depressing how prepared some people are. normally it's christmas eve before we've got all our presents and decorations up etc. i plan to frequent town this year over the period. i missed that german market last year, so will need to visit that. it's supposed to be snowy, the town looks great when snowy. the ice rink i hope i will visit, despite the fact i can't skate...but what they hey. so shopping, german market, sightseeing, skating...
anyone want to join me?
current mood: smiles
(14 comments | comment on this)
|Monday, November 14th, 2005|
|Tuesday, November 8th, 2005|
9:57 pm - when i should be calculating the enthalpy of neutralisation
WHAT'S YOUR FULL NAME?|
WHAT ARE YOU READING AT THE MOMENT?
WHATS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
don't have one, optic mouse \m/
hm...jazz or acoustic
WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD?
*emo time* love...haha...no um...unappreciation
FIRST THING YOU THINK OF IN THE MORNING?
shut the fuck up alarm i want another 5 minu....
HOW MANY RINGS BEFORE YOU ANSWER THE PHONE?
um...how many it takes until i check who's calling
FUTURE CHILD'S NAME?
Merriwyn (i made it up) for a girl, or Erin(a) also for a girl. I can't think of any boys without being too cruel.
WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT IN LIFE?
IF YOU COULD PLAY AN INSTRUMENT, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
piano...or violin...lets just say both.
DO YOU LIKE TO DRIVE FAST?
DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL?
nein, but wasn't long ago that i did
WHAT TYPE WAS YOUR FIRST CAR?
well i don't have one yet...dunno what i would want
WISH YOU COULD GO BACK AND TALK TO?
freud...and analyse *his* dreams
PEOPLE FAVOURITE ALCOHOLIC DRINK?
don't have one
WHAT'S IN THE TRUNK OF YOUR CAR?
music stands and anti-freeze
DO YOU EAT THE STEMS OF BROCCOLI?
IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB YOU WANTED WHAT WOULD IT BE?
mark in rent...i'd have him for the rest of my life.
EVER BEEN IN LOVE?
IS THE GLASS HALF EMPTY OR HALF FULL?
half full. it can't be half empty, if it was half empty it'd be like negativly full.
DO YOU TYPE WITH YOUR FINGERS ON THE RIGHT KEYS?
i jst hit them wrongl;y
WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED?
um...stuffed toys, more toys, more toys and dust. you wanted me to say porn didn't you?
WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER?
WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE SPORT TO WATCH?
curling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's so heated...
IF YOU COULD BUILD A HOUSE ANYWHERE WHERE WOULD IT BE?
oooooooh...um...okay, mountainside, you'd have decking which you could sit out on and watch the sea. it's sheltered from widn and really enar the forest.
WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE ARTICLE OF CLOTHING?
hm...my curling shirt. cuz i am a sack
BEACH, MOUNTAINS OR CITY?
TECHNOLOGY OR ART?
COMEDY OR HORROR?
FAVOURITE PHYSICAL FEATURE OF THE OPPOSITE SEX?
um...girls always have great skin...and asses...and tits make great pillows
FAVOURITE TIME OF DAY?
i liek it when i go otu at like 8-9. or 6 o'clock on a saturday.
WHERE'S YOUR FAVOURITE PLACE TO BE?
FAVOURITE PLACE TO BE MASSAGED?
WHAT'S MOST IMPORTANT, STRONG IN MIND OR STRONG IN BODY?
mind...although...psycho's are more interesting
WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING?
weekdays 10 to 8, weekends can vary between 9 and 1
DO YOU BELIEVE IN AN AFTERLIFE?
WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE SEASON?
YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPER POWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
agility and strength...and also like...*murmurs*
WHICH DO YOU PREFER - SUSHI OR HAMBURGER?
um...never tried sushi...don't eat beef...so sushi
IF YOU HAVE A TATTOO, WHAT IS IT?
i don't have one...will get one though
WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE DAY?
WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CARTOON?
WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE MEAL?
i like a good fish and chips
DO YOU HAVE PETS?
current mood: 2 NABS!!!
(3 comments | comment on this)
|Saturday, November 5th, 2005|
2:27 pm - and so it is
after 5 months of deliberation, anxious worrying and sheer determination (as well as looking like a freak), jimi mitchell has made it onto the curling team. :)|
trials shaped up well when it was just me and nadia curling a dragweight...or getting it over the hog at least. then we played an end. i was worried cuz i was made skip that i'd balls it up, alas, there was much ballsing up from the entire team. it took us 3 stones to actualyl get one over the hog and i don't think any of us got one in the head. all changed for the second end though and we played a bit better. then halfway through miss mcmeekign approached and then told us the biz. the team is me, nadia, justin and elaine. because "we are getting old". and so that was that.
then elaine, yvonne and i went to emma's. good night.
and so what else happened? Mikado was performed over the week to a surprisngly agreeable audience. although i hate the fact that makeup gives u spots. and lots of them. and the effects that mascara has on the eyes. as well as extensive use of makeup remover. all in all...make up is bad. but i'll miss my children.
so it goes that i am well rounded. i perform in music, drama and sport. as well as academia. i never thought it possible. alas i am happy. :)
current mood: blissful
(5 comments | comment on this)
|Wednesday, October 19th, 2005|
11:18 pm - everybodys happy now
i just whistled with a hiccup. miraculous.|
well, it seems the time has come again when i am bored. i've just eaten a muffin, it's quite cold and lost has finished for another week.
but i am happy.
last year when there were rumours of miss saigon being the school show, i got quite anxious in that i didn't really know anything about the musical bar a few songs and an extremely rough storyline. i intended to get the soundtrack and learn it over the holidays (I like to be prepared) so i was ready for any auditions which may come up. returning to school, it seems that options out of the window. and after today, i can see why that's onyl a good idea.
don't get me wrong, it wasn't as if the musical was bad in any way, but it was too good to be done amateurly. okay, i hear u moan, les miz was hardly amateur, but les miz was a school edition, and while it was good - it wasn't perfect. we've lost anna, we've lost andy - yes we still have adam...but adam can't do a show on his own now can he? this year we must aim a bit lower.
it seems that there was much want for a dance show - chicago, cabaret, miss saigon. at the time, i never would have put miss saigon as *much* of a dance show. true I had seen a brief show in the version of "American Dream" i saw, but nothing compared to that which cropped up in the rest. aside from getting some masterpiece staging, astounding lighting and fucking great voices - you actually get a taste of Vietnam. obviously you expect no less from B&S but i hadn't expected *that* much. they can really do politics.
i'm still happy.
for once :)
current mood: happy
(16 comments | comment on this)